Please share your experience(s) using Booger suckers
with babies and toddlers in the comment section of this post.
The Booger Sucker battle with my sick 13-month-old toddler is wearing me down. My baby toddler absolutely hates - actually, she despises - the Booger Sucker (i.e., 'nasal aspirator'). Watch her run/speed-crawl in the opposite direction, as fast as she can, when she sees me pull it out.
Today, I drew a happy face on her Booger Sucker, desperately hoping that this would resolve my 13-month-old daughter's phobia of her Booger Sucker by convincing her that it's actually a "friendly booger sucker." This was my last resort. It didn't work. I don't understand - she feels noticeably better using the Booger Sucker (which only occurs only when I am clever/fast enough to accomplish this).
|Ahh! Not the Booger Sucker!|
(2) The "Wresting Match: Mommy vs. Toddler": This is what it sounds like: a wrestling match between my 13-month-old daughter and me. The sad part is that the spread for this match is 50/50. I hate this method, and I only use it when I'm afraid she won't be able to breathe for a nap or bedtime. (Success Rate: 50%)
(3) The "Mommy Surrenders" Failure: I surrender to my little toddler, accepting that she is stronger than I. Her extreme squirming and protests make me fear that I will either poke her eye or cause permanent emotional damage if I persist with booger sucking efforts. (Success Rate: 0%)
(4) The "Mr. Peek-A-Boogie" Game: I make Booger Sucking a game of Peek-a-Boo....aka. "Peek-a-Boogie" with Mr. Booger Sucker (I even drew him a face!). But she is too smart for this nonsense. My toddler is well aware that Mr. Booger Sucker is right behind mommy's back, and she is well aware of Mr. Booger Sucker's intentions. (Success Rate: 10%)
|Hand-Draw Smiley Face: |
Happy Booger Sucker"
There has to be a better way to go about this Booger Sucker business - there has to be some brilliant mommy "tips and tricks" that the brilliant moms out there use - moms who live in a happy land with happy toddlers who love their booger suckers. (Don't get me started on the Saline Spray...)
The Declaration of Booger Sucking Support for Moms: Let this be a Support Forum and an Advice Board for mom's and babies and toddlers who struggle with Booger Sucking. I am well aware that we are not the only family that struggles with Booger Sucking.
Please share your struggles with Booger Suckers, and if you have any suggestions or advice on how to successful maneuver the booger sucking process with babies and toddlers, please, please, share your advice here on this posts comment section.
- Sick Baby Tips: 19 Tips & Essentials to Keep On Hand This Flu Season
- Help! Baby HATES the Booger Sucker: Mommy Support Needed
- Here's a Remedy That is Helping My Toddler With Teething Pain
- Best Strategy for Flying With Your Baby or Toddler (Results in!)
- Top 21 Things To Pack When Flying With Baby or Toddler on Airplane
- 9 Tips for Flying on Airplane with Baby or Young Toddler
- Strategies to Try Before You Fly With Baby on Airplane