Mommy Mia's DIY Nursery Art Decor Project
Our Nursery Theme: Pottery Barn Penelope
|DIY Baby Nursery Art |
Pottery Barn Penelope Theme
We wanted to decorate our nursery for our daughter, but we were on a budget. Our theme was Penelope by Pottery Barn Kids. I decided to take a stroll to Hobby Lobby and let my creative juices guide me as to how to make my own nursery decor for my daughter. I wanted it to be cute, and also add a sentimental touch that would be meaningful to my daughter (hopefully) when she is older - assuming she will appreciate that I made it myself. This is what I came up with.
(Total Cost of DIY Art Nursery Project: about $20)
Nursery Art 1:
Nursery Art 2:
DIY Steps to Baby Nursery Art Decor:
Step 1: Bought 2 of these frames from Hobby Lobby. The frames had flowers pre-printed on it.
|Bare frames from Hobby Lobby.|
Step 2: Found cute little cardboard animals/frogs cut-outs from Hobby Lobby that would match her nursery (her nursery theme is Penelope from Pottery Barn).
Step 3: Put together random pieces of scrap paper on a piece of cardboard using a glue stick and added the cardboard cut-outs using a hot glue gun.
|Cardboard frog and butterfly cut outs glued to scrap paper.|
|Cardboard dog and fence cutouts glued to scrap paper.|
Step 4: Added my signature so my daughter can one day see how much her mama loved her even before she was born.
|Final Result for DIY Penelope Picture |
Frames for Baby Nursery
We hung the pictures right next to her changing table.
Share your ideas for DIY Nursery Projects here by commenting below! I'd love to see/hear your ideas!
--------------------------------Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- Thank You Cards, Made Easy: Time-Saving Process for Baby Gifts
- Top 25 Must-Have Newborn Baby Items
- Here's a Remedy That is Helping My Toddler With Teething Pain
- Top 6 Best Baby Toys! (Age 0-12 Months)
- Packing List for the Birth Center - When Baby Comes
- Before Baby Comes: 6 Things To Do For a Happy Mama
- Funny Books that Will Make Any Pregnant Woman Laugh
- How This Simple Tip Can Make Your Labor and Delivery Experience More Comfortable
- Best 1st Year Baby Item - Baby Photo Board
- The Must-Have Clothing Item For Your Newborn Baby
- How to Make Life With Newborn Easier - The Newborn Podster
- The Best Smartphone Apps for Your Toddler or Baby
- The 5 Stages of Baby Bottle Grief - Goodbye Bottles, Hello Toddlerhood