|Caprese Salad with Pita Chips|
- Tomatoes - Vine tomatoes are great for Caprese Salad
- Fresh Milk Mozzarella
- Avocados - Such a yummy addition to the traditional Caprese Salad
- Fresh Basil - "fresh" basil is key to deliciousness
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt - It is very important to use sea salt (don't use the boring kind of salt)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Pita Chips (for dipping)
- Optional: Toasted Pine Nuts
- 15-20 minutes.......depending on how skilled and fast you are at slicing tomatoes, avocados and mozzarella
|Step 1 - Caprese Salad|
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in even amounts and spread them on a plate.
- Cut basil leaves into little ribbon-like slices and sprinkle them over the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese
- Slice avocado in medium-thin strips and place on the outskirts of your plate.
- Drizzle both the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar (65% olive oil and 35% balsamic vinegar) over your salad (be sure to drizzle - you don't want to overdo it - you can always add more later
- Sprinkle sea salt and fresh ground black pepper over your salad, to your liking.
- Adding pita chips to this recipe seals the deal. I spoon the salad onto each individual pita chip...so yummy.
- Optional: Toasted pine nuts can be a great addition. If you choose this route, then make the toasting of your pine nuts your first step.