Choosing a Diaper Bag:
If you fall into the category of the type of mom (or mom-to-be) who does NOT want to stroll around town carrying an extra-large bag over your shoulder that screams, "THIS IS A DIAPER BAG! CAN'T YOU TELL FROM THE BRIGHT PINK AND YELLOW FLOWERS AND THE NYLON MATERIAL?", then this post is for you. This post is different than the Top 25 Must-Have Newborn and Baby Items because this post focuses exclusively on the diaper bag itself.
Is your diaper bag ugly?
You may be wondering how you can determine whether or not your diaper bag is ugly (and therefore determine whether it "screams" when walking into a room). Your ugly diaper bag will distinguish itself from a normal purse or tote through its overly-stated patterns, pastel-colored designs and presence of animal characters and flowers.
The Real Reason That We Buy Ugly Diaper Bags:
Why do we buy such ugly diaper bags? For whatever reason, by the time "baby registry day" comes around, our ability to distinguish between good fashion from bad fashion often has already disappeared when it comes to diaper bag selection. Instead of picking a color or style that we actually like ourselves, many of us decide that we should incorporate those cute little pastel-colored zoo animals from baby's nursery into the theme of this brand new, and often expensive, diaper bag that we will be using every day for the next several months. (I made this mistake when I picked out my first diaper bag, and if you are like me, then you WILL get tired of carrying around a bag with pink and purple giraffes on it, every day.)
Practical and Stylish Diaper Bags:
This last week, my good friend found out that she is expecting a baby and she asked me to put together her baby registry. I have had so much fun putting it all together for her. For the last three days, I have exclusively focused my time on "diaper bag research" (and yes, "diaper bag research" is an actual thing). My goal was to find a diaper bag that doesn't actually look like a "diaper bag," and that was both: (a) practical and large enough, and (b) that disguised itself as an adorable and fashionable purse or tote.
Here are my favorite diaper bags:
(Note: Don't forget to share your favorite diaper bag by commenting on this post!)
1. Petunia Pickle Bottom Cafe Carryall
2. Urban Mom Stylish Diaper Bag
3. Kate Spade New York Basic Nylon Stevie Baby Bag
4. OiOi Carry All Diaper Bags
5. timi and leslie Jessica Diaper Bag
6. JJ Cole Baby Bag (Cafe)
Link: JJ Cole Baby Bag (Cafe)
7. timi and leslie Dawn Diaper Bag
8. Ju-Ju-Be Be Prepared Legacy Collection Diaper Bag
10. JJ Cole Caprice Diaper Bag
11. Babymel Cara Stripe Tote Bag
12. Kate Spade Classic Spade Adaira Baby Bag
13. Kate Spade Spot Nylon Stevie Tote Baby Bag
14. Petunia Pickle Bottom Glazed Statement Satchel
15. timi and leslie Rachel Diaper Bag
17. Carter's Zip Front Fashion Tote Diaper Bag
18. Carter's Zip Fashion Diaper Bag
19. JJ Cole Parker Diaper Bag
20. Coach Peyton Brown Signature Baby Diaper Bag
21. Petunia Pickle Bottom City Carryall
22. Petunia Pickle Bottom Altogether Tote
23. Universal Stroller Organizer By Ethan and Emma
27. Teal and Gray Color Block Diaper Tote Bag by White Elm - The Moxie
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE:
I remember being pregnant with my first child and feeling like the concept of diaper bags was somewhat of a mystery to me. Which features were important? Were you only allowed to carry diapers in it? I realized today that I have a deeply-rooted dislike for the diaper bag that I so naively purchased prior to having my first child.
If you have a favorite diaper bag that doesn't actually look like a diaper bag, then please share it here by commenting below!
You May Also Like:
Top 25 Must-Have Newborn Baby Items
Top 12 Must-Have Newborn and Baby Clothes
Top 9 Sippy Cups
Top 25 Must-Have Baby Toys
Top 20 Must-Have Items for Sick Baby or Toddler
Top 10 Baby Books for the First Years
Top 21 Things To Pack When Flying With Baby or Toddler on Airplane
Must-Read - "Baby Bargains: Secrets to Saving"
Best 1st Year Baby Item - Baby Photo Board
Best Humidifiers for Baby (Easy-to-Use)
Sophie the giraffe teether is taking over the world!
You May Also Like: